I did my learner analysis on Stuart Minkus.
Academically, Minkus is a very successful student. He excels in all subjects, and very rarely struggles with school. Minkus is a very engaged student and it shows through the high grades that he receives. Although he may be a good student, he often blurts out, and corrects other students and on some occasions other teachers. School is of much importance to Minkus, failure is not an option for him, so when it does happen that he is not correct, or excelling, it causes problems to his life. From observations, I would say that the socioeconomic status of this student would be middle class.
If Minkus was in my class, I would make sure that there was extra material that will challenge him academically. He is a student that needs to be challenged, and pushed. As his teacher, I would also take the time to talk one-on-one with him about the disruption that he makes when he blurts out. While talking with him, we would discuss when it would be a good time to express his thoughts and ideas.
Minkus is only 11 years old, so no, he is not 'college ready'. However, if he continues to attack his education the way that he has so far, when time comes for him to start college there is no doubt in my mind that he will be more then college ready.

Minkus is going places..
ReplyDelete